Older Adult Injury Prevention Summit:
Designing a Roadmap for National Curriculum Update and Outcomes Planning
- Summit Part #1: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 from 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM (Eastern)
- Summit Part #2: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 from 8:45 AM - 12:30 PM (Eastern)
Live Virtual via Zoom
Hosted and provided at no cost by the Michigan Trauma Coalition and Michigan Medicine - University of Michigan Trauma Burn Center
Click to download:
Separate registration for each day is required via the following unique links:
- Summit Part #1 on Tuesday, October 26, 2021: We hope you enjoyed Part #1
- Summit Part #2 on Wednesday, November 10, 2021: We hope you enjoyed Part #2
If you missed part of the Summit and wish to watch a recording, you may view them at:
- Part #1 on 10/26/21: Welcome, SLIP Curriculum Update, and Task Force Summary Introduction: Click here to watch
- Part #1 on 10/26/21: Session "Advances in Translating Fall Risk Reduction for Older Adults to the Real World" by Dr. Neil Alexander: Click here to watch
- Part #1 on 10/26/21: Session "Emerging Research on Older Adult Driving, Pedestrian, and Road Safety" by Dr. Lisa Molnar: Click here to watch
Part #2 on 11/10/21: Introduction; Session “Plain Language is Not for Dummies: Applying Plain Language Guidelines to Ensure Materials Are Clear and Effective” by Ruti Volk; and Session “Educational, Survey, and Assessment Tools: Recommendations on Outcomes Evaluation and Integration of Tools into SLIPS Program” by Jessica Roche: Click here to watch Note: The 2nd session on Evaluation begins in the video at 1:12:38.
Part #2 Session on Plain Language: The 3 tips handouts shared by Ruti are available by clicking here
1) Update the national curriculum “Senior Lifestyle and Injury Prevention Program (SLIP)” and its outcome evaluation tools.
2) Ensure updated materials are evidence based and reflect current best practices.
3) Apply research findings to in the field older adult injury prevention initiatives.
To see the full schedule and flyer, either click on the below button or access it here.
To read the overview summary and goals of this summit, either click on the below button or access it here.
A huge thanks to the Summit Planning Committee!
The Michigan Trauma Coalition Older Adult Falls Prevention Subcommittee
Stephanie Booza, MSN, RN – Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
Vanessa Mier, BSN, RN, HNB-BC -- Ascension Providence, Southfield & Novi
Karla Klas, BSN, RN, CCRP – University of Michigan Trauma Burn Center
Donna Bucciarelli, BSN, RN – Beaumont Royal Oak
Nancy Butty, BS, EMT – Ascension Providence, Rochester
Maurice Cox, RN, CCEMT-P/IC – St. Mary Mercy, Livonia
Christine Laking, BSN, RN, EMT-P – Henry Ford West Bloomfield
Sharon McKinzie, RN – DMC Sinai Grace Hospital
Michelle Soho, BSN, RN - Beaumont Farmington Hills
Dana Yarger, RN, EMT-P – Spectrum Health Pennock
Anita Barksdale, BSN, RN, CPST – St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
Christine Wright BSN, RN – Henry Ford Hospital Detroit
Brooke Jamison, RN, BSN – McLaren Macomb
Questions and Accessibility
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please let us know how we can ensure that this event is inclusive to you. If there are accommodations or access needs that we can help facilitate, please contact Karla Klas at firstname.lastname@example.org