Trauma Burn Center
We are now accepting applications for the 2021 Gayheart Prevention Award! All nominations for the 2021 Leland Gayheart Award must be submitted by September 15th.
And what to do if they’re already misusing candles, matches, lighters and more.
You can learn to Stop the Bleed and save a life!
- Traumatic injury is the leading cause of death for people between 1 – 45 years of age. Approximately 35% of pre-hospital deaths are due to blood loss.
- That makes uncontrolled bleeding a major cause of preventable deaths.
- Death from traumatic blood loss can occur in less than 5 minutes. But the average EMS response time is 7 – 10 minutes in the U.S. So emergency bystander and first responder treatment is an essential life-saving skill.
- In short, the more people and organizations find out about STOP THE BLEED® and become trained and equipped, the more lives that will be saved.
- Get trained and Raise Your Hand #stopthebleed
This mini online eLearning course is an abbreviated modified version of Straight Talk that highlights some key learning points and provides several tools to help stop youth from misusing fire.
Navigate your way through these unprecedented times and learn about how burn foundations, burn centers, fire departments and community organizations are becoming adaptive and creative in their service delivery methods.
“Learn the Sounds of Fire Safety” focuses on recognizing the different sounds and alerts that safety devices make when there is a fire or carbon monoxide hazard. Knowing the unique noises the alarm makes – a beeping sound or a chirping sound – means it is time to take action.
In-person and live-streaming virtual attendance options
Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors will be hosting their 33rd annual Phoenix WBC virtually in October! They are bringing the same PWBC magic with even more ways to find community and connection. Scholarships available!
Hosted and provided at no cost by the Michigan Trauma Coalition and Michigan Medicine - University of Michigan Trauma Burn Center. Summit Part #1: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 from 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM (Eastern)