Older Michigan drivers and their loved ones are encouraged to educate themselves on maintaining safety behind the wheel during National Older Driver Safety Awareness Week, Dec. 5-9, 2022.
Resources include: Older Driver Awareness Week - find out more here!
• Older driver self-assessment driving tools and videos
• Links to driver refresher courses and other community supports for older drivers
• Information about how medications and health problems may affect driving and lists of resources available to drivers once they stop driving
• Strategies for initiating conversations about when and how to transition to a non-driving lifestyle
• Procedures for referring an unsafe driver for a driver reexamination
• Information about the aspects of aging and how best to interact with older residents for audiences such as law enforcement, healthcare, and other professionals